Bio-Source carries a complete line of high quality/high performance EPA registered oxidizing and non-oxidizing biocides used to control aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, algae and fungi in once-through and recirculating cooling water systems, heat exchange water systems, air washers, industrial water scrubbers, influent water systems, brewery pasteurizers, pasteurizers/bottle warmers, cooling ponds, wastewater treatment systems, pulp and paper mills, and in oil and gas operations. We also provide microbicides that meet the requirements of the Food Additive Regulations, and are FDA and NSF approved.
We carry a number of broad spectrum oxidizing biocides that serve as an algaecide, bactericide, fungicide, sanitizer and disinfectant to control microorganisms and organic slime in commercial and industrial water treatment applications.
Also, Bio-Source offers ”Green Chemistries” in various solutions of Peracetic Acid (PAA) and Hydrogen Peroxide which are highly effective in a variety of applications. Upon degradation, the remaining components of PAA are oxygen, water, and acetic acid (vinegar). These products provide a powerful, safe and economical alternative to the widely used industry standard water treatment products such as chlorine. These products are used in the treatment of cooling water, wastewater and process water; and they are also used for cleaning Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Nanofiltration (NF), and Ultrafiltration (UF) membranes. In the oil & gas industry, these products are used to control anaerobic sulfide-forming bacteria and aerobic slime-forming bacteria in oil, gas, and secondary oil recovery systems. Approved by the USDA’s National Organic Program (the NOP), these “green” biocidal chemistries play a very niche role as food grade sanitizers and disinfectants used in the dairy industry, fruit and vegetable washing, food and beverage processing industry for CIP (Clean-in-place) cleaning, and bottle and filler sanitizing. Hydrogen Peroxide and Peroxyacetic Acid are also used to control slime and biofouling in the pulp and paper industry, irrigation, commercial greenhouses, animal housing, and the dispersed pigments and coatings industries. Additionally, Peracetic Acid is used as a sanitizer/disinfectant in medical environments (hospitals and veterinary clinics), and in the agriculture and seafood industries.
A general list of the oxidizing microbiocide chemistries that we provide are listed as follows:
- Bromine (Tablets and Granules) – BCDMH (1-Bromo, 3-Chloro-5, 5-Dimethylhydantoin)
- Sodium Bromide (Tablets, Granules and Liquid) – Various concentrations
- Stabilized Liquid Bromine – (Stabilized Bromine Chloride Liquid)
- Peracetic Acid (PAA) – Various conc.s of Peroxyacetic Acid and Hydrogen Peroxide solution
- Hydrogen Peroxide / Silver (Ag) – Sanosil C Water Microbiocide
In general, there are several industry standard chemistries that are used as non-oxidizing water treatment biocides. However, necessity breeds invention, and multiple variations (in various forms) of these said chemistries have been produced to enhance water treatment programs by enabling the application of products based on their defined efficacies. Bio-Source offers high performance, product specific chemistries designed to control microbiological fouling in comfort and process/industrial cooling systems, oil field waters, papermaking and other industrial water applications. We carry products used to clean heavily fouled systems, and products that are used to maintain the system. Our product line also contains synergistic blends of biocidal chemistries such as TTPC/WSCP and Glut/Quat (in which, is highly effective in oil & gas operations where extremely fast acting biocides are necessary due to short contact times). Additionally, we also offer microbicides used as a preservative for controlling the growth of bacteria and fungi in water-containing systems such as adhesives, latex paints, starch pigment and extender slurries, industrial coatings, printing inks, fountain solutions, paints, latex and antifoam emulsion systems, absorbent clays, etc.
A general list of the non-oxidizing biocide chemistries that we provide are listed as follows:
- DBNPA (Tablets, Powder, Liquid and Bags w/ Granular) – Various concentrations
- Isothiazolin (Iso) – (Copper Stabilized and Copper Free) – Various concentrations
- Glutaraldehyde (Glute) – Various concentrations
- Glutaraldehyde/Quaternary Ammonium Compound (Amine) – (Glut/Quat) – Various Concentrations
- Terbuthylazine – (Bellacide 325)
- TTPC (Tributyl Tetradecyl Phosphonium Chloride) – Concentrate or Blended
- TTPC/WSCP (Biocide w/ Biodispersant) – Concentrate or Blended
- THPS (Tetrakis (Hydroxymethyl) Phosphonium Sulfate) – Various EPA registered concentrations and non-registered. Concentrated non-registered version available.